Traveling and Staying On Target
Choose Your Hotel
Traveling with your food is possible
- Cook your protein in advance and freeze it in ziplocks. Your frozen protein sources act as ice packs to keep other items cold. I have never had TSA confiscate my frozen protein. They have taken almond butter/peanut butter due to the liquid consistency.
- Pack your shakes and then pack an extra. Great meal when there are no other options. Nearly every place you go has a water fountain. Don’t forget your shaker!
- You can pick up silverware or disposable silverware almost from any venue (Starbucks, convenience store)
- Oatmeal packets for your “just in case” breakfast.
- There are many fat and carbohydrate food sources when traveling. Salads, side order of steamed veggies, corn tortillas, travel size peanuts that you can find in all airport, fast food restaurants or convenience stores. Skip the salad dressing or use sparingly if you decided on the side salad.
- Will I have weights?
- Does the hotel offer jogging paths or equipment for my room
- If I will be using Beach Body On Demand, does my hotel have free wifi?
- If there is not workout room or outside option, can I schedule my workouts so that I am doing active recovery (yoga/pilates on 21 Day Fix) while I am in the hotel?
- Pack accordingly. Take any workout gear you need including shoes and sports bras. If you have your schedule for the week, decide when you will work out and what you need to do to make it happen.
Whatever you do, don’t go in without a food plan or a fitness plan.