Week 1 Nutrition: 22 Day Hard Corps Breakfast, Lunch and Snacks

Week 1 over.... 90% on point with nutrition and 5 pounds down. Was I satisfied? For the most part. were there times I was hungry? YEP. Did I have to eliminate things that I love? Yes. Was it worth it? So far!

Performance Energize is a research based formula that came out last year. It provides me the kick I need for the 3:30 am wake up call and workout. I get a boost and a bit of a tingle, without a crash later on. I take two scoops and 20 minutes later I am ready. It contains,
  • Beta-alanine, an amino acid that helps buffer lactic acid buildup, which helps improve exercise performance and delay muscle fatigue.
  • Low‑dose caffeine from green tea to enhance energy and focus.
  • Quercetin, a plant‑based nutrient and powerful performance enhancer, shown to help improve endurance and delay time to fatigue.

Breakfast

Steel Cut Oats with blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries
2 eggs with spinach and Mrs Dash seasoning

Tea (lots!) of tea. I gave up coffee. Now, you don't have to do that. However, I LOVE cream and sugar in my coffee and I know that to get maximum results I have to take the sugar and cream out of my coffee. So tea it was!

I take two tablets of Activat with breakfast. It is a multivitamin that helps me with energy and ensures my body is getting what it needs.

Lunch
Brown rice with chicken and spicy avocado dressing. Tweak number 2? When baking the chicken I cut slits into the chicken and spread the dressing on top. Chicken came out moist and spicy.  If you are spicy shy, cut the amount of chipotle peppers and adobe sauce in half when making the recipe. I also chopped up some cilantro and threw it on top in the morning when I packed it. the cilantro added a bit of freshness that brightened it up.

Snacks
Cold Snap Peas. The program suggest eating these with lunch, but I liked having them by themselves, usually in the car on the way home.

Bell Peppers and Hummus. This was the first of my tweaks. The program suggests Romaine Lettuce and Hummus. Uh....I did not see myself eating lettuce. I eat every single drop of hummus. I am not below licking the bowl clean.

Shakeology with fruit. This is another tweak. I added coconut water! Vega Strawberry with fruit and coconut water. Tasty and tropical!

Later this week, I will share my Cheats, "OOOPSES", and Dinners!