Last night I found myself suggesting a peanut butter sandwich to my husband for dinner. It was hot and I didn't want to cook.
So this morning before it got hot, I prepped, all outside and all done before 9:30.
|Three lunches prepped with chicken, onion and garlic for dinner tonight.|
Day 1: Brussels and Chicken (with hardly ANY CLEAN UP!)
brussel sprouts (or whatever veges you have)
Red Onion (optional)
1. Fire up that grill. I did this before 9 am. that way I am done cooking for the day by 9:30.
2. Pull out a frozen bag of chicken from the back of your refrigerator. You know the one you bought at Costco last week and then never cooked?
4. Meanwhile, cut and halve the sprouts and place on tin foil.
5. Throw on the garlic. Keep it whole and papery.
6. Place veges in tin foil on grill. Cook until tender. remove. Keep garlic on. It takes a while to get soft.
7. Spray grill (optional) and throw on chicken. At this point you can season with salt and pepper. I prefer to use whatever Mrs. Dash that I have on hand.
8. Grill chicken 5 minutes. Then rotate 180 degrees. Grill another 2. Flip. Repeat. They are ready when juices are just clear and when it is slightly firm to the touch. If it feels like jello, keep cooking.
9. Portion, store.
10. Grill onions at the end. I like mine still crispy.
11. Take off garlic.