Food, Pain, and Hunger



A few weeks ago I ordered BB's program Core De Force for James' Christmas present. No, really it was just for him. I also "liked" the tv test group on Facebook to check it out.

I started to see women, like me...a little pudgy with kids and dogs running around showing videos of themselves doing the modifications. I started checking in more frequently and by the time Christmas rolled around I had every intention of doing it with James.

It became more urgent when I stepped on the scale a few days before Christmas and discovered that my underwear was not magically shrinking in the dryer. Nope. It was time.

Fastforward to today. We woke up and did the first workout.  I'll do a full review after the first week, but so far so good. I was able to do all of the moves with little modifications. Even in the freezing cold garage, with two bum knees. Today's workout was punch and kick combos. The first 7 minutes is pure instruction and the next 37 pure intensity. My knees were stiff this afternoon so I plan on taking Ibuprofen later tonight. I have some kind of weird on going issue with the inside of my ankle. No, I have not had it checked out yet and YES I am being a big baby about it. IT HURTS (whining)

Food. We all know that bodies are made in the kitchen. The gym is gravy. I anticipated being hungry all day. I have been grazing non stop for about two weeks.. mostly taking out my frustrations on my secret candy stash at work. (It is in the multipurpose room gym storage area for anyone who gets desperate the week that we return!)

Wakeup: 1 large Shakeology shaker full of ice water. Dress and head out to the gym. James drank his Energize. I skipped my normal coffee.

After Workout/House Cleaning Breakfast: Shakeology. Vanilla with one packet of Emergen-C. I call it my Creamsicle. At this point, I cleaned out our tupperware cabinet and tried to ignore the smell of egg sandwiches that James was making. It is totally within his container limits, but he gets slightly more than I do sooo.....I pretended not to notice.


I also put the coffee machine away and the sugar. I don’t really like coffee. Coffee is the transport for my sugar and milk in the morning. Every once in awhile, I need to stop the madness. Recently, I have been drinking my sugar coffee all day long. I can't stand fake sugar so the coffee has to go until I can get it under control.

Snack: 20 Pistachios. 20 people. Normally, I eat three or four hands full. But the salt was tasty and the nuttiness curbed my hunger.... a little bit...more water...resisting Diet Pepsi.

Lunch at Dad's: Today we brought my dad into the 21st century with Roku, a flat screen HDTV, and Sling. Now, normally I go to my dad's to indulge. However, this time I texted ahead and explained that I needed him to help me by serving a salad and protein. NO dessert. He did great by serving fajita strips with a salad. At last, I was not perfect.. I immediately honed in on the box of chocolates. When James wasn't looking I popped a whole one in my mouth and then pretended I had something really important to do in the bathroom until I could chew and swallow. (I guess we are all about to see if James reads my blog posts or not) 1 Red, 1 Purple,  and 1 Green down.

So by this time I was pretty starving. I started complaining to anyone who would listen. I had three sips of Diet Pepsi and then decided it wasn't that great and gave it to James. I lamented on the way home that we were one day closer to being at the end of four weeks. It did not help at all.

My Pepsi problem has also gotten a bit out of control. So time to step away from the 42 ounce cups at Mcdonald's.

Another Snack: I opened the refrigerator ten times hoping something naughty would appear, it did not. Instead I stuck 1 red worth of turkey in my mouth and granned a Diet Pepsi. This time I did not put it down and finished it as we ran errands. When we got home I toasted an English Muffin and topped it with peanut butter. 1 yellow.

Dinner: Leftover turkey, white bean chili. I knew it would be filling. I ate three greens of lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, and onions before the chili to make sure I would not be hungry afterwards. Then grabbed two little cuties for dessert. That killed my purples and yellows for the day. It killed everything.

Not a bad start. The sick, nauseous feeling that has been sticking around for the past two weeks is gone. Yes. I am hungary. I would like to go into the kitchen and grab the box of Ghirardelli chocolates that are on the counter. But James is home, so that is not going to happen.

One day down.